Why is managing children at the dentist different to managing adults?
Treating babies, toddlers and older children is very different from treating adults. The most important part of kiddie dental care is for your child to establish trust and rapport with all members of our Buderim dental team. This is never immediate, and will be different for all children. In time, your child will develop confidence in the dental clinic environment.
Please understand that dental treatment at the first kiddie dentist visit is not likely to help your child grow up to be a confident dental patient, and that is our priority.
How do we manage babies, toddlers and older children?
- We ensure that the child’s first dentist appointment is a consultation only. We would like to stress that this is for the benefit of your child
- Our staff focus on your child at all stages of the dentist appointment – from the initial greeting in the practice to the final farewell
- Our Buderim dentists will explain to your child what we need to do in simple terms you child understands
- Specialist paediatric dentist, Dr Kylie, will use all types of behaviour management strategies to attempt to connect with your child
- By creating a fun and non-threatening environment we try to ensure your child enjoys dental visits!
Ready to get in touch with our dental clinic for kids? It's as easy as your ABC's...
We'd love to hear from you. For any enquiries or to request a booking for baby dental care, a 2 year old dental check up, toddler or preschool dental checkup, or older child dental appointment, please call us on (07) 5476 5400 or alternatively fill out the enquiry form below: